Python Optimization Tools
- APLEpy: A Python modeling tool for linear and mixed-integer linear programs.
- Pyomo: Pyomo is a collection of Python optimization-related packages that supports a diverse set of optimization capabilities for formulating and analyzing optimization models.
- CVExp: Expression Tree Builder and Translator based on a Controlled Vocabulary
- CVXOPT (license: GPL3), a tool for convex optimization which defines its own matrix-like object and interfaces to FFTW, BLAS, and LAPACK.
- cvxpy A Python package for modeling convex optimization problems
- DEAP: Distributed Evolutionary Algorithms in Python]
- ECsPy: Evolutionary Computations in Python
- Mystic: An optimization framework focused on continuous optimization.
- NLopt: A Python interface to optimization solvers]
- NLPy: A Python optimization framework that leverages AMPL to create problem instances, which can then be processed in Python
- OpenMDAO: An open-source Multidisciplinary Design Analysis and Optimization (MDAO) framework.
- OpenOpt: A numerical optimization framework with some own solvers and connections to lots of others.
- PICOS: A user friendly interface to several conic and integer programming solvers.
- PuLP: A Python package that can be used to describe linear programming and mixed-integer linear programming optimization problems
- pycosat Python bindings for the PicoSAT solver.
- PyCpx Python wrapper for the Cplex optimization suite
- PyEvolve Genetic Algorithms in Python
- PyGLPK: A Python interface to the GLPK LP/MIP solver
- Pyiopt: A Python interface to the COIN-OR Ipopt solver
- PyLinpro: A pure simplex tableau solver for linear programming
- PyLPSolve: Python wrapper for the lpsolve optimizer
- PyMathProg: A Python reincarnation of GNU MathProg modeling language, implemented in pure Python.
- PyOpt: A Python framework with direct hooks to C/Fortan optimizers.
- pyosi: Provides a Python interface to COIN-OR's Open Solver Interface, aka OSI.
- python-zibopt: A Python interface to SCIP
- scikits.optimization is a generic optimization framework entirely written in Python
- yaposib: A more Pythonic interface to COIN-OR'S Open Solver Interface.
- python-constraint: A Python constraint programming package
- NumberJack: A framework for constraint programming
Packages that Include Python Bindings
- CasADi: CasADi modeling framework
- CPLEX: MILP/LP/QP solvers
- Gurobi: MILP/LP/QP solvers
- MPL: MPL modeling language
Optimization Software Projects
- Coin Bazaar: A COIN-OR project that hosts Coopr plugins